Elliot needed a couple of days to recuperate after his ordeal, but he is now doing great. Julia and I both got to spend some time holding him yesterday, and as you can see from the photo he is looking good.
Both he and Oliver have now surpassed their birth weights. They both have their PICC lines and I.V.s removed, and are almost up to full feedings. 'Full feeding' refers to the amount of milk they need to consume in order to sustain health and growth. They are slowly weened onto the milk, because at first their little stomachs cannot handle digesting the amount of milk they require to be healthy. This is why they needed the I.V.s and PICC lines, to supplement and fortify the nutrients and calories that they are missing from receiving smaller amounts of breast milk. But now they are both receiving enough milk to have those awful lines removed.
The previous photo used for this post was actually Oliver. As time passes, the more I suspect that they may in fact be identical.

Everything about Elliot looks robust and healthy! Keep it going little one!!
ReplyDelete