9.16.12
Pictured Top: Oliver
Pictured Bottom: Elliot
As many of you know, I was sick off and on for about 3 weeks and was unable to visit my babies during most of that time. Now I don't want to jinx myself, but I have finally gotten rid of my sore throat and am back visiting the boys. One of my favorite things to check on when I arrive at the NICU is how much the babies weigh. Oliver is now weighing in at 4 pounds 6 ounces and brother Elliot is at 4 pounds 4 ounces. It is amazing, they have almost doubled in weight!
There is so much to report on since Eddie's last post. I will start with Elliot. Elliot is back up to full feeds and had his PIC line removed earlier in the week. He is also off CPAP and on a nasal cannula like brother. From what the nurses say, he is doing good on it.
Oliver has graduated and is now in a different area of the NICU. We are hoping brother will be able to join him really soon. Oliver no longer resides in an isolate (incubator). He is now in the open air, maintaining his body temperature on his own. He is now taking some of his feedings out of a bottle and we practiced breast feeding today. When I went to visit today they had taken his nasal cannula off, meaning he had no tubes on his face giving him oxygen, he made it a couple of hours before being put back on the cannula.
As you can see from the photos the boys are looking great. I want to thank Eddie for being such a good dad (and mom in my absence) the past 3 weeks. He is so busy going to school and work, but has found time to visit the boys every night. For a minute, we were worried that Oliver was going to try and start nursing Eddie! I came back just in time!
Time is flying by and the boys will be home before we know it. We are starting to get their nursery ready for them. I love our little family of four...or should I say seven (kitties included)



No comments:
Post a Comment